New changes were implemented last Wednesday, July 24, 2019 as the BIR transitions to apply the provisions under the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Law.
With the implementation of the T.R.A.I.N. Law, BIR has issued RMC No. 73-2019: Revised BIR Forms 1604-C, 1604-E, 1604-F & RMC No. 74-2019: Circulation of enhanced BIR Form Nos. 2306 & 2307.
Changes to the following forms were declared under RMC No. 73-2019:
1. 1604-C Annual Information Return of Income Taxes Withheld on Compensation
2. 1604-E Annual Information Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld (Expanded)/Income Payments Exempt from Withholding Tax
3. 1604-F Annual Information Return of Income Payments Subjected to Final Withholding Taxes
However, BIR strictly announces that the changes are not yet applicable through the Electronic Filing and Payment method (eFPS). Once the said returns are available in eFPS or inclusion in the new Offline eBIRForms Package has been finalized, an issuance will be released to inform about the availability of the revised forms.
At the same time, Dulay, commissioner of the Bureau of Internal Revenue signed a new memorandum last July 24 stating introducing enhanced versions of Form 2307 & 2306 due to the implementation of the T.R.A.I.N. Law. Slight changes were made however all dates of submission and accompanying attachments remain the same.
Changes to the following forms under RMC No. 74-2019:
1. Form 2307 – Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld
2. Form 2306 – Certificate of Final Tax Withheld
Need more help? We’re here to guide you. Refer to our Help Center.
Opt for hassle-free tax filing, sign up at JuanTax today.